PVC is a versatile material that remains durable against weather and sun, and can be molded into just about any shape—including fences. PVC vinyl fencing is a great solution for homeowners who want to enjoy a fence installation without worrying about future repairs or heavy-duty maintenance requirements. Read on to learn about some of the many benefits of installing vinyl fencing:
- Vinyl resists fading. Today’s vinyl manufacturing technology allows it to resist the effects of ultraviolet radiation, which is known for breaking down materials and causing them to fade or yellow over time.
- Vinyl is easy to clean. A vinyl fence is extremely easy to keep sparkling clean—simply use your garden hose to give it a quick rinse, and occasionally scrub it with soapy water to remove dirt, tree sap, and just about anything else from its surface.
- Vinyl is durable. Pests and rot, two issues that have long plagued fence owners, are no longer a problem with vinyl fence installation. Bugs have no desire to attempt to eat the material, and moisture can’t take hold inside of it. In addition, you will never have to worry about rust or mold.
- Vinyl is versatile. Vinyl fencing can offer the look of wood and is available in many styles. You can have a traditional white picket fence or a taller, sturdier privacy fence that won’t warp or stain.
To learn more about the many advantages of PVC vinyl fencing, visit Fence Connection, Inc. online or give us a call at (847) 286-1562 to speak with one of our representatives. We can show you the different styles of elegant and resilient vinyl fencing we carry, so you can find the perfect fence for your home or yard.
A fence can serve many purposes, from creating privacy to adding a decorative touch to your yard. Watch this video to learn about the process of choosing a new fence for your home, including important considerations like checking with your local homeowners association and researching building codes.
Not only are there several different types of fencing materials to consider, but you also have a choice of fencing styles and accessories such as lighting or accents. Be sure to consider the lay of your property, because slopes can affect the installation of your fencing. When choosing materials, consider that wood offers classic beauty, synthetic fencing is low-maintenance, and decorative metal provides security and longevity.
At Fence Connection, Inc., we carry a wide variety of fencing in various styles and materials to suit your preferences. Visit us online or contact us at (847) 286-1562 to learn how we can help you find the perfect fence for your home.
A new fence installation is exciting for any homeowner, providing increased privacy, property value, and aesthetic appeal. However, there are a few considerations you’ll need to take into account before you can get ready to enjoy a brand-new fence.
Reasons for Getting a Fence
If you’re after a “good neighbor” fence—a smaller, often waist-height fence intended mostly for appearances—you may want to consider synthetic materials like vinyl. A short wooden fence is also a great choice for homeowners who enjoy the classic appearance that natural wood offers. However, for security, you can’t beat an iron or aluminum fence. Coated aluminum has the added bonus of being corrosion-resistant, so you won’t have to worry about rust ruining your new fence installation.
Level of Maintenance Required
Maintenance is another factor to consider. Wooden fences provide excellent privacy and a beautiful appearance, though they do require more annual care than other types of fencing. Vinyl fencing involves virtually no maintenance, making it an ideal choice for busy homeowners who want to enjoy the benefits of a fence without having to work to keep it in good shape.
The Lay of the Land
Before you proceed on installing your new fence, you’ll want to reference the local building codes. You may also want to check with your homeowner’s association and your neighbors to ensure that the process goes as smoothly as possible. It can be beneficial to get a survey of your land to find your property lines so that your new fence installation goes off without a hitch.
Fence Connection, Inc. carries a full selection of iron, aluminum, wood, and vinyl fencing in a variety of styles. Visit us online to explore our inventory, or contact us at (847) 286-1562 to learn more about our services.
Follow the links below for some guidance on choosing a great new fence for your home. If you’d like to learn even more about the various types of fencing available for home installation, contact Fence Connection, Inc. at (847) 286-1562.
- On this page from BHG.com, you can narrow down your fencing choices by determining how you’ll be using your new fence.
- View this slideshow from HGTV.com to see the different styles of fencing you can choose for your home.
- Learn about a few different fencing applications from FrontDoor.com so you can better make a decision when shopping.
- Get more information on the versatile appearance of vinyl fencing in this slideshow from ThisOldHouse.com.
- This page on AskTheBuilder.com explores the history, construction, and advantages of vinyl fencing.